I am currently a Senior Developer working for Syndicut, a digital agency based in Abingdon Oxford. Here, I have had the opportunity to work on amazing projects using Kentico (as a Kentico Certified Developer), Prismic and developing large-scale custom applications. For me, my biggest achievement was developing a website for Sky Arts where a user could create portraits of themselves based on six popular artists.
I primarily focus developing solutions using the .NET Framework, but I have been known to dabble in other technologies now and then. My programming language of choice is C# and passionate in building web applications using MVC Razor. With over 8 years experience in the industry (has it really been that long?!?!), I am just as passionate about coding as I was from the very first console app I created many moons ago that read out: "Hello World!".
Useful Method To Deserialize XML or JSON To A Class Object
I have created a helper class that will allow me to consume any XML or JSON request for deserialization into a class object. You can pass an unknown type as well as the URL to where you are getting your request from. This makes things very easy when you want to easily strongly type the data.
Resize An Instagram Image Using A Media Query Parameter
This is something I have been meaning to post for quite some time, ever since I first started working on integrating Instagram's API in web applications in 2013. - The ability to resize an image from Instagram without having to deal with registering for an API key and worrying about request limits.
JSON/XML To Strongly-Typed C# Object In Visual Studio
Today, I stumbled across a really neat feature in Visual Studio 2015 that gives you the ability to create a strongly-typed C# class directly into your class library. The feature is hidden away in a place I would never have thought to look - Edit > Paste Special.
Is ReactJS A Worthwhile Addition To An ASP.NET MVC Application?
I've been meddling around with ReactJS over the last week or so, seeing if this is something viable to use for future client projects. I am ASP.NET developer who build websites either using Web Forms or MVC Razor. I am finding it difficult to comprehend whether using ReactJS is viable in these frameworks, especially MVC.
Securely Erasing An Android Device
I'm selling my old Nexus 5 on eBay and need to take precautionary steps to ensure the device is wiped clean in addition to the standard "factory reset" approach.
- Now that's what I call #StarTrek! You've redeemed yourself after the mess that was last trailer... #StarTrekBeyond https://t.co/pRRCZA4vF1
- Just can't get enough of String Interpolation in C# 6. Goodbye String.Format(). :-)
- RT @SyndicutDigital: Very pleased to see that @ThomasInt_UK are in the top 10 Kentico websites for April 2016. Cheers @Kentico 👍🏼
- @AmazonHelp Done! My main gripe is that your delivery status aren't that updated often enough. Waiting at home for the whole day.
- @AmazonHelp The carrier is Amazon Logistics. The status of the order is "Arriving today".
- Storing large objects of JSON data in a field within a database over the traditional RDBMS approach ...
- I'm selling my old Nexus 5 on eBay and need to take precautionary steps to ensure the device is wiped...
- I've been meddling around with ReactJS over the last week or so, seeing if this is something viable ...
- What's the story with Windows 10? A FAQ for the non-technical family member.
- My Paypal REST API .NET Starter Kit :: Surinder Bhomra