I am currently a Senior Developer working for Syndicut, a digital agency based in Abingdon Oxford. Here, I have had the opportunity to work on amazing projects using Kentico (as a Kentico Certified Developer), Prismic and developing large-scale custom applications. For me, my biggest achievement was developing a website for Sky Arts where a user could create portraits of themselves based on six popular artists.
I primarily focus developing solutions using the .NET Framework, but I have been known to dabble in other technologies now and then. My programming language of choice is C# and passionate in building web applications using MVC Razor. With over 8 years experience in the industry (has it really been that long?!?!), I am just as passionate about coding as I was from the very first console app I created many moons ago that read out: "Hello World!".
Best Way Of Learning To Code - Books or Online Resources?
Clearing out my bookshelf of programming books of yester-year got me thinking on the way our approach to learning has changed for me over the past few years. I don't think our old friend "the book" is as prominent as it once was as a learning aid, especially when there are far more accessible and interactive ways of learning through online mediums.
Made The Move To HTTPS!
Early last month, I decided to make the move and finally run my site under a secure certificate. This something I’ve been meaning to do over the last year as it became apparent that Google will soon penalise your search rankings if an SSL is not implemented. I was surprised how cheap and easy it was to move to https... Even though I had Webmaster Tools teething problems.
Get Facebook Comments For A Page Using Graph API In ASP.NET
I will be showing how to get back comments for a page using Facebook's Graph API in ASP.NET.
5 Hours Of GoDaddy Pro Is More Than Enough For Me
There's a saying that goes along the lines of: if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. I am a very happy SoftSys Hosting customer but went down the wrong path of trying out Go Daddy Pro with the intention of moving. Very quickly I found thier service was not up to scratch and so I write my experience.
My Development Overview of Kentico 9 MVC
I have listed a few observations I thought would be good to write about from my initial experience of using MVC in Kentico 9 whilst working on a client project. I will be talking (very high level) about the changes from previous versions of Kentico MVC as well as the new development approaches for Kentico 9.
- Does anyone know if there is a API limit for POST requests for #Twitter? @TwitterDev #TwitterAPI
- Paypal Refund Sale REST API Returning: Remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found https://t.co/kCxtulMv83 @paypaldev
- #StarTrekBeyond is a welcome return to form. It definitely tugged at my geeky heart strings.
- Troy Hunt: I wanna go fast: HTTPS' massive speed advantage https://t.co/FEVdkpY5kn
- As a programmer, I think our way of learning has changed over the past few years and I don't think our...
- My somewhat short length of time in using #GoDaddy Pro hosting. Never again. #hosting
- Storing large objects of JSON data in a field within a database over the traditional RDBMS approach ...
- I'm selling my old Nexus 5 on eBay and need to take precautionary steps to ensure the device is wiped...
- I've been meddling around with ReactJS over the last week or so, seeing if this is something viable ...